Partner to ensure families receive benefits
If you are an organization or agency that serves children four and under, we need your help to reach all the eligible families in Texas. We encourage you to apply if any of the children you serve reside in certain designated census tracts, otherwise known as Qualified Opportunity Zones (see interactive map below). There is no charge to partner with Books Beginning at Birth. When you enroll as a formal partner in this effort, we will support you with:
- books selected for your children’s ages, reading levels, interests, and cultures delivered to your location
- guidelines and online training for how to best distribute books in your particular setting
- resources including toolkits and ideas to decorate your book distribution space
- assistance with volunteers (when safe and logistically possible to include them)
- easy-to-read literacy materials to share with parents in Spanish and English
A signed community partnership agreement with your organization is required for this option, and you will need to ensure that participating families have watched the required pre-distribution video. Approximately 6-12 hours of on-site staff time and coordination are necessary for the best results. We may request your assistance on program evaluation and student assessments, if feasible, in your program.
Please reach out at least two months before your ideal date of book distribution or as early as possible. Availability for this program is limited but is expected to continue through September 2027.
If you are interested in starting a Books Beginning at Birth program as a formal partner at your organization, please apply below. We will respond to discuss the options available in your area.
Check here to see if the area of Texas you serve is eligible for program support:
Your application will be prioritized if you operate in the purple areas of this map. Even if you do not fit these areas, you can apply, and we will help connect you with additional literacy resources.